We are humans! Broken, messy, fallible humans who have been caught by God’s amazing grace in Jesus Christ.
We come with a variety of stories and walks of life, united by our faith in the God who creates, redeems, and makes us Holy.
St. Mark has been part of the Clifton Heights community since 1950, beginning as a Sunday school ministry in the home of a church member.
By God’s grace this ministry expanded into a worshiping community, continuing to meet in homes until a church building was constructed in 1956.
In 1959, St. Mark merged with Temple Lutheran Church, Philadelphia, and functioned under the name St. Mark-Temple Lutheran Church for many years.
These days we use the name St. Mark, but continue to be thankful for everything God has done for and through us and everyone who has come before. Click here for a detailed account of our history.